Manila. The Philippine Basketball Association will open on March 8 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. The PBA Leo Awards ceremony will start at 4:30 p.m. in the afternoon followed by an exciting opening matchup of the reigning Philippine Cup champion San Miguel and 2018, 2019 runner-up Magnolia at 7:30 p.m.
The national league’s theme for PBA Season 45 is “Tayo ang Bida!”
In the annual opening ceremony, the league will announce the winner of the coveted PBA Most Valuable Award of Season 44. The four candidates to contest the prestigious award are San Miguel’s reigning five-time MVP Junemar Fajardo of San Miguel, CJ Perez of the Columbian Dyip, Jayson Castro of TNT Katropa and Christian Standhardinger of Northport.
In addition to the MVP Award, the winners of the following awards will announced:
- Rookie of the Year
- Most Improved Player
- Sportsmanship Award
- All-Defensive Team
Moreover, one of the much awaited highlights is to know who are the chosen muse of the PBA teams. Below are some of the officially announced:
- Zowie Palliaer for Alaska Aces
- Sanya Lopez for Brgy. Ginebra San Miguel
- Kathryn Bernardo for Magnolia Hotshots
- Leren Mae Bautista for Meralco Bolts
- Pauline Lopez for NLEX Road Warriors
- Christine “Tin” Patrimonio for NorthPort Batang Pier
- Chaiyenne Huisman and Klyza Castro for Rain or Shine Elasto Painters:
- Alyssa Muhlach Alvarez for San Miguel
- Ariella Arida for TNT KaTropa
- Joy Wu for Blackwater Elite
- Katrina Llegado for Columbian Dyip
- Sarah Geronimo for Phoenix Fuel Masters
2019 Miss Asia Pacific International Chaiyenne Huisman
The Blackwater Elite, Columbian Dyip, and Phoenix Pulse Fuel Masters haven’t announce their respective muse yet.
EDIT: List of PBA Muses 2020 updated.